Schumacher Electric Corporation, a leading designer and manufacturer of consumer battery charging products has a Project Engineering opportunity available. As a Project Engineer, you will work with other engineers to design and develop electronic products to be manufactured. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Mt. Prospect, Illinois.
The primary responsibility is to design and coordinate the development of electrical and electromechanical products.
- Manage product development process from: idea generation, sales support, prototyping, production to product discontinuation.
- Coordinate the mechanical (2D & 3D) and electrical design, fabricate, modify and evaluate new and existing electronic products for both the consumer and industrial market.
- Analyze / develop schedules, BOM costs and recommend design approaches required to meet production requirements for new products.
- Compile and evaluate design and test data, prepare technical specifications, analyze technical data to determine appropriate limits and variables for product specification.
- Review and approve drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel. May assign work and direct the activities of engineering support staff as required.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Provide sustaining engineering support.
- Interface and team with other Engineers, Suppliers, Customers, and other internal functional areas such as operations, marketing, and purchasing.
BSEE or BSME engineering degree preferred. Qualified candidates should have 5 years Project Management experience, preferably in the consumer electronics, power supplies or battery chargers. SolidWorks experience a plus.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required.
Schumacher Electric Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
How to apply:
Email: (1) Cover Letter and (2) Resume (MS Word or PDF Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org